TRO's Travelling photo exhibit to continue into 2006
[TamilNet, Saturday, 07 January 2006, 06:21 GMT]
Labelled "The healing continues..," the Tamils Rehabilitation Organization (TRO), an NGO registered with the Government of Sri Lanka working exclusively in the NorthEast, in conjunction with the international TRO offices, has held nineteen exhibitions in fourteen countries displaying photographs of emergency response to the Tsunami, its devastation and long term reconstruction, rehabilitation projects, TRO sources said. Exhibitions in additional cities will take place thorughout 2006, sources added.
Display at Palermo University, Italy
Display in Melbourne, Australia
Display in Reggio Emilia Province, Italy
“The purpose of this exhibition is to educate and inform the public and donors about the work that TRO does in the NorthEast. TRO’s 3,500 staff throughout the NorthEast work tirelessly for the people and this exhibition attempts to publicize, and honor, their hard work,” said TRO's Program Director, Chandru Pararajasingham.
The exhibition also showcased TRO’s work with the war affected population and the relief, rehabilitation and development work that TRO has been involved with for the past 20 years.
The exhibition contains 156 photographs, audio-visual representations of TRO’s work.
Multiple sets of exhibition materials allowed the organization to hold several parallel shows, organizers said. Shows have been already held in:
- London, United Kingdom 19 November
- Paris, France 6 November
- New Jersey, USA 6 November
- Los Angeles, USA 7-10 December
- Toronto, Canada 3rd December
- Montreal Canada 10th December
- Melbourne, Australia 15 October
- Sydney, Australia 20 November
- Biella Province, Italy 19 November
- Reggie Emilia, Italy 23-24 November
- Palermo (Poltiama), Italy 13-16 December
- Palermo (University), Italy 30 Nov – 3 Dec
- Luzerne, Switzerland 17 September
- Copenhagen, Denmark 27 September
- Berlin, Germany 14 October
- Amsterdam, Holland 22 October
- Oslo, Norway 10 December
- Stockholm, Sweden 10 December
- KL, Malaysia 10 December
- Helsinki, Finland 17 December
At the Italian exhibition, which took place at the Palermo Parliament, TRO was given an award by the Assessor Miner (The Mayor’s Advisor), TRO officials said.
Executive Director K.P. Reji attended the Paris exhibition and spoke about TRO’s work with tsunami and war affected persons.