Unemployed graduates in East ignored in employment opportunity

[TamilNet, Friday, 13 January 2012, 06:19 GMT]
Unemployed Graduates and Diploma Holders Association in the Eastern Province has in a memorandum to the Sri Lanka President Mahinda Rajapakse accused the Colombo government that they are being deceived after promising employment for 10,000 in 2010 and under the guise of Development Officers Project in 2011. The deprivation of employment opportunities and discrimination shown in providing such opportunities has fuelled the conflict in the past. Such discriminations should not be allowed in the province, said Mr. Hussein Mubarak, the general secretary of the UGDHA in his memorandum to the SL government.

Hundreds of unemployed graduates are over 45 years of age and majority of them are affected by natural disasters. Both the ruling and opposition political parties had promised employment opportunities are currently not seen at the scene, the memorandum states.

The UGDHA general secretary has pointed out in his memorandum that the unemployed graduates who have undergone untold sufferings due to the conflict and natural calamity are finding difficult for their survival without proper livelihood activities.

In the last year unemployed graduates had appeared at two interviews held for the recruitment but there has been no response from the concerned authorities.

They should be given priority when providing fresh appointment in the future, said Mr. Hussein Mubarak in his memorandum with copies to the Provincial Governor, Provincial Chief Minister, Provincial Education Ministry Secretary and Line Education Ministry Secretary.

 

Latest 15 Reports
24.04.22 05:44  
தீவின் நெருக்கடிச் சூழலில் ஈழத்தமிழர் தேசம் கடைப்பிடிக்கவேண்டிய நிலைப்பாடுகள்
09.04.22 14:44   Photo
குறிதவறும் ஈழத்தமிழர் தலைமைகளுக்கு வரலாறு தருகின்ற எச்சரிக்கை
21.01.22 07:24   Photo
ஈழத்தமிழர் தேசத்தின் தலைமைத்துவம் தேர்தல் அரசியற் கட்சிகளுக்கு அப்பாலானது
02.11.21 15:32   Photo
13 ஆம் சட்டத்திருத்தத்தால் கட்டமைக்கப்பட்ட இன அழிப்பை எதிர்கொள்ள முடியுமா?
15.09.21 08:19  
English version not available
17.05.21 19:23   Photo
Ananthi blames war criminal Silva for blocking collective memorial at Mu'l'livaaykkaal
09.04.21 14:46  
English version not available
23.03.21 12:41   Photo
No focus on Tamil genocide, geopolitics gets played out in Geneva in favour of QUAD formation
21.03.21 13:34   Photo
Navi Pillay explains ‘human rights’ limitations in Geneva on Tamil genocide
15.03.21 20:36   Photo
Deceived Tamil activists in UK falsely claimed ‘substantial changes’ to Zero draft
09.03.21 21:34   Photo
UK repeatedly wronged Tamils says hunger-striker, demands genocide justice
26.02.21 11:53   Photo
Tamils witness false dilemma in Geneva as geopolitical formations pit against each other
19.02.21 14:02   Photo
UK not prepared to push for ICC option in new UNHRC Resolution
07.02.21 23:16   Photo
Unprecedented P2P uprising paves the way for rights-oriented politics of Tamils and Muslims
22.01.21 08:01   Photo
Gotabaya sets up deceptive COI citing ‘sovereignty’ and ‘non-aligned’ foreign policy
 
Find this article at:
http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html?catid=13&artid=34785