Massacre victims' bodies taken to North-East

[TamilNet, Friday, 27 October 2000, 20:09 GMT]
Thirteen bodies of victims of Bindunuwewa detention centre massacre were transported to their native places in North-East provinces by helicopters Friday evening. Police sources said identification of the remaining bodies are delayed as they were either mutilated or charred beyond recognition by the fire at the Centre.

Five bodies which were brought to Batticaloa Friday evening were handed over to the hospital. The body of Antony John from Kallady was handed over to his parents while the remaining four are being kept at the hospital morgue.

Relatives of Antony John told TamilNet correspondent that he had been chopped by the attackers. He said Antony's one eye-ball had been removed from the decapitated head, both arms had been cut off, and the entire body was covered with deep cuts.

Three bodies were flown to Vavuniya and were handed over to Vavuniya Divisional Secretary (DS) Emilda Sukumar. She handed over two of the bodies to their relatives around 7 p.m. at the Kachcheri. ICRC representatives and Additional Government Agent were also present at Kachcheri. The third body will be transported to Murunkan Saturday by Sri Lanka Red Cross Society.

Three bodies were flown to Trincomalee and two bodies were flown to Jaffna.

 

Latest 15 Reports
04.02.24 15:40   Photo
சியோனிசம் காணும் தோல்வி ஈழத்தமிழருக்குப் பலன் தரவல்ல படிமை மாற்றத்தின் அறிகுறி
24.04.22 05:44  
தீவின் நெருக்கடிச் சூழலில் ஈழத்தமிழர் தேசம் கடைப்பிடிக்கவேண்டிய நிலைப்பாடுகள்
09.04.22 14:44   Photo
குறிதவறும் ஈழத்தமிழர் தலைமைகளுக்கு வரலாறு தருகின்ற எச்சரிக்கை
21.01.22 07:24   Photo
ஈழத்தமிழர் தேசத்தின் தலைமைத்துவம் தேர்தல் அரசியற் கட்சிகளுக்கு அப்பாலானது
02.11.21 15:32   Photo
13 ஆம் சட்டத்திருத்தத்தால் கட்டமைக்கப்பட்ட இன அழிப்பை எதிர்கொள்ள முடியுமா?
15.09.21 08:19  
English version not available
17.05.21 19:23   Photo
Ananthi blames war criminal Silva for blocking collective memorial at Mu'l'livaaykkaal
09.04.21 14:46  
English version not available
23.03.21 12:41   Photo
No focus on Tamil genocide, geopolitics gets played out in Geneva in favour of QUAD formation
21.03.21 13:34   Photo
Navi Pillay explains ‘human rights’ limitations in Geneva on Tamil genocide
15.03.21 20:36   Photo
Deceived Tamil activists in UK falsely claimed ‘substantial changes’ to Zero draft
09.03.21 21:34   Photo
UK repeatedly wronged Tamils says hunger-striker, demands genocide justice
26.02.21 11:53   Photo
Tamils witness false dilemma in Geneva as geopolitical formations pit against each other
19.02.21 14:02   Photo
UK not prepared to push for ICC option in new UNHRC Resolution
07.02.21 23:16   Photo
Unprecedented P2P uprising paves the way for rights-oriented politics of Tamils and Muslims
 
Find this article at:
http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html?catid=13&artid=5532